In very late March of 2012, five friends got together and started an ask blog for the main characters of Namco’s Tales JRPG franchise. As you’ve probably guessed, this is that place. What we do is simple. We answer user-submitted questions to the characters with these fun little skit icons;
Like that. We try to remain as in-character as possible while doing so, and there’s fun to be had all-around, provided you enjoy these characters and our interpretations of them.
Anyway, let’s get to know the staff:
- cherrychasingdotmuncher, also known as Ace. He handles letters from pretty much every game, but mainly Symphonia, Eternia, Abyss, and Vesperia.
- sailorlaufeyson, alias Sangome or sometimes just Gome. Her area of expertise lies within Abyss, Symphonia, a dash of Destiny and a hint of Vesperia.
- timbeon, AKA Timber. She’s our Tales Hipster, as her areas usually consist of Destiny, Legendia, and Innocence, though she’s played pretty much every game available in English. She is also our resident Destiny 2 person.
- kagetsuna, who answers to Kei or K. R. Her skills lie primarily within Symphonia, Vesperia, and a hint of Abyss.
- newpoopuniversity, there are some who call him Blank (Ace calls him Plank). His main shtick is Abyss, Symphonia, and Dawn of the New World.
Pleased to meet you all. Now, on to a few things we should let you know. Not really rules, but facts about us and what we’re doing. Here we go.
- We are not affiliated with Namco-Bandai or Tales Studio in any way, other than being fans of their work. We try to stay in-character, but don’t take anything we say as official canon unless we’re reiterating something the games said.
- We are completely and utterly non-professional. No one pays us to do this, and the quality of our work isn’t deserving of it. We’re simply here because it’s fun.
- We are not licensed to dispense serious advice about serious matters. We really hate to sound insensitive, but sometimes we get letters we’re just not equipped to answer and we might cause more harm than good by tackling them. As such, we reserve the right to make judgment calls to not respond to certain submissions sent if we feel they may be over our heads.
- We’re not seeking any new staff, even if you can help with the games we haven’t played yet. We’re all trying to get what we can cover covered as soon as we can, and we kind of like to keep this project in the family. We apologize, but that’s just how we like to keep it.